Privacy & Security Policies
The Authority Office respects your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our web site. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
1. When you send us e-mail we won't keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of our staff and its contractors. We'll only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
2. If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested. We won't maintain your name on the list and won't share your e-mail address with anyone outside of our office.
1. When you visit our web site we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
1. We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
2. When you submit personal information using our web site--for example, if you sign up for a conference online--we have systems that make sure people outside of our office cannot access your personal information.
3. We would only try to identify you personally when required to do so by a law enforcement investigation. Any information we collect for those investigations is destroyed according to federal guidelines.
4. Tampering with this web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
1. Our website has links to many other web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. The Authority office cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
2. Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by the Authority, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site or the products presented on the site.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
The information on this site is provided as a public service. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of posted information but cannot be responsible for errors or for information contained on the linked pages.
Last modified 4/13/05